Seifried Sweet Agnes Riesling (Half bottle)
Produce of: South Island,New Zealand
Producer: Seifried Estate
Bottle size: 375mls .
Best with: Fruit tarts (tarte tatin), Lemon meringue pie, Tangy / salty blue cheeses
Using 100% Riesling fruit, the grapes were hand selected at the peak of ripeness with a large portion of the fruit shrivelled and raisined, through natural dehydration. The grapes were then gently pressed to release a very concentrated intensely flavoured juice, which was then vinified to the highest standards
Sweet Agnes is beauty of a wine! It is succulent and appealing with an intense perfume of fresh spring freesias and blossoms, mandarin peel and honey dew. The palate is full and unctuous, packed with ripe stonefruit, caramel and citrus. The streak of natural acidity gives a sleekness to the wine and complements the palate intensity leaving a clean well finished wine. Just gorgeous!
A very stylish wine that is irresistible postprandial on its own but also partners coarse liver pates, fruity desserts or tangy cheeses beautifully.
Seifried Sweet Agnes Riesling has deservedly won all these (and many more!) awards:
* TROPHY in the NZ Sweet Wine over £10 class at the 2011 Decanter World Wine Awards
* GOLD at the 2011 Decanter World Wine Awards
* GOLD & Best in Class at the 2011 International Wine & Spirits Competition
* DOUBLE GOLD at 2012 San Francisco International Wine Competition
* TROPHY in Best Young Sweet at 2011 International Sweet Wine Challenge, Australia
* SILVER at the 2011 (UK) Sommelier Wine Awards
Wine Style : Fruity white wines, Something for dessert